Harvie (http://harvie.farm) connects local consumers with local farmers who deliver shares of farm fresh products customized to their personal preferences.
Our company was started in 2006 to meet the technology and marketing needs of local farmers across the US, Canada, and internationally and has served 1000’s of farms in the last 13 years. The Harvie platform was introduced in late 2016 to address the changing landscape of food buying and to help farmers grow sales and profit by making local food more accessible through a customer friendly CSA / farm share model. The concept has grown rapidly since.
To keep up with growth, the Harvie Team is hiring a Harvie Member Relations Specialist.
About the Position
Our Member Relations Specialists work as the front line of customer support for both assisting our partner farms as well as their customers with technical questions. Support requests come in through several channels, primarily email, but also phone and online chat. Supporting our farmers’ members often involves tasks such as helping them get signed up, scheduling vacations, making cancellations, processing refunds, billing questions, technical difficulties, and other account management issues.
This is an exciting opportunity for independent, self-starting individuals who are ready to grow with Harvie.
- Answers support requests via Zendesk, Live Chat, and phones based on Service Level Agreements, the company Style Guide, and maintenance of a high customer satisfaction level
- Conducts inside member sales calls on an as needed basis
- Works closely with the Farm Management concentration to carry out audit tasks in a timely manner ahead of season start dates
- Regularly assesses external member communications for effectiveness; works with the Marketing team to tweak communication when necessary
- Vigilant in finding member request trends and acts upon them to improve the member and farmer experience from start to finish, including identifying farmer training needs
- Shares ongoings of the Member Relations concentration with all other Customer Success concentrations on a weekly basis
- Stay up to date on new software deploys to best serve our members
- Continually trains across concentrations to maximum knowledge base
- Natural problem-solver with the ability to deductively get to root causes of problems
- Able to manage and reach multiple goals simultaneously
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- A thoughtful communicator with the ability to handle a high volume of communications from various channels while being mindful of tone and empathy
- Advanced computational skills
- Comfort with friendly phone support — support is unscripted and requests are often unique
- Able to work independently yet collaboratively
- Able to learn or have experience with web-based utilities such as Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets), Zendesk, Atlassian Suite, Guru, Slack, and Zoom
- Majority of work can be conducted from home, with semi-frequent visits to our Harvie Farms Pittsburgh distribution center in Pittsburgh
- Full-time position
- Competitive starting salary range from $45 – $55k
- Health benefits inc. vision and dental, retirement plan, and paid time off
- Harvie farm share stipend
- Remote work office stipend if working remotely
- Education stipend
- Full-time work is 40 hours a week including some regular weekend coverage required
- Equal Opportunity Employer
When visiting and working from the Harvie Farms Pittsburgh distribution center, we require the use of masks and proof of vaccination when applicable.