Harvie (http://harvie.farm) connects local consumers with local farmers who deliver shares of farm fresh products customized to their personal preferences.
Our company was started in 2006 to meet the technology and marketing needs of local farmers across the US, Canada, and internationally and has served 1000’s of farms in the last 13 years. The Harvie platform was introduced in late 2016 to address the changing landscape of food buying and to help farmers grow sales and profit by making local food more accessible through a customer friendly CSA / farm share model. The concept has grown rapidly. In 2020, Harvie will help 200 farmers serve approximately 100,000 end consumers.
To keep up with growth, the Harvie Team is hiring a Harvie Support Specialist.
The Harvie Support Specialists work as the front line of customer support for both assisting our partner farms as well as their customers. Support requests come in through several channels, primarily email, but also phone and online chat. Support for our partner farms includes everything from setting up new accounts to training farm employees on software features to everyday problem solving. Supporting our farmers’ end users often involves more mundane tasks such as helping them get signed up, scheduling vacations, billing questions and other account management issues.
As with any small company, this position will be multidisciplinary and will occasionally include work involving other aspects of the company including marketing, product development and testing.
This is an exciting opportunity for independent, self-starting individuals who are ready to grow with Harvie.
- Highly organized to manage multiple goals simultaneously
- Puzzle-solving — deductive ability to get to root causes of problems
- Comfort with friendly phone support — support is unscripted and requests are often unique
- Ability to explain technical concepts in a non-technical manner
- Comfortable running demos and speaking on the phone
- Ability to write courteous, friendly, and clear support emails
- Ability to learn or have experience with web-based utilities such as Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Hangouts, Google Sheets), Zendesk, Atlassian Suite, Slack, and Zoom
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary adjusted upward with experience
- Health benefits, retirement plan, and paid vacation
- Harvie farm share paid for by the company!
- Work remote at your home office or in our office in Pittsburgh
- Office on North Shore of Pittsburgh, 10 minute walk from downtown, free parking
- Regular weekday schedule with some regular weekend coverage required
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Send resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Work at Harvie”.